Fortunately, sport fishing is not an exact science and there are countless ways that make it possible to catch fish. These tips that are made on the basis of personal experience and on the basis of literature on sport fishing and most are generally recognized. However, do not be afraid to try your own ideas and methods. Getting ideas from others is all well and good, but nothing beats the feeling of catching big fish using a new and self-made method. Remember that this first and foremost should be fun. Therefore, choose methods and follow sport fishing tips that you will enjoy.
Sport Fishing Tips
- Patience is probably a somewhat boring tips, but most forms of sport fishing require this. Use the appropriate time so that you fish an area properly. Do not give up if your first attempt fail, but go on to fish the area again using different tackle.
- Variety is a sport fishing tip that many anglers fail to follow. It is easy to get stuck in the old habits and use the same tackle time after time. Vary the choice of lures, spinners, flies, jigs and other equipment. Try different colors, shapes and varieties. Do not be afraid to try new methods for your sport fishing.
- Choose well-suited equipment. It will allow you to present your tackle to the fish during different conditions, as well as help you get it safely on shore. Remember that rod, reel and line should be adapted to each other.
Saltwater Sport Fishing Tips
- In the summer, cod often seek cooler water. Try cod fishing offshore or in deeper water in the fjords. This has given many good catches in the middle of summer.
- Many species hunt smaller prey fish, and this opens the possibilities for some good catches. In areas where small coalfish, herring, etc. are gathered, you will often find big fish and such areas are well suited for cod fishing, as well as other forms of sport fishing.
- Try attaching bait on the end of the pirk, jig or lure. Shrimp and mackerel are excellent bait that can turn your luck. This is a sport fishing tip that apply both when fishing from boats and from shore.
- I most areas sea trout can be caught from shore all year round. A little patience is required, but often you will also catch other species during this sport fishing. Notice that looking for sea trout during the winter, in my opinion is an underrated leisure activity.
- Do not be afraid to lose some tackle. Especially during cod fishing and one must expect to lose some gear because it gets stuck in the seabed. It is completely natural and if you never have contact with the bottom during cod fishing, it means that your lure is moving too high in the water.
- If you are inexperienced, lack local knowledge or enjoy the company of your family this will be a good sport fishing tip. Let the boat drift freely with the wind and currents at depths ranging from 30 to 80 meters. Use jigs (pirk) and suspension and release your tackle until it hits the seabed. Then try jigging a couple of minutes before you reel in some while you make some jigging movements. This will let you fish effectively for different species like cod, coalfish and mackerel.
- There are always quit good opportunities to catch fish in saltwater. Our main tip is therefore to try sport fishing whenever you want. Whatever the conditions are, it is possible to get some nice catches and exciting experiences.
Freshwater Sport Fishing Tips
- An important tip is to customize your sport fishing to current conditions. Sport fishing in a clear and small river requires different methods than angling in a large river. The most important thing is to choose a method and equipment that makes it possible to present the bait, lures, flies and similar to the fish.
- Trout fishing in a small mountain lake often offers bright and clear conditions. Then it is important to move as silent and careful as possible. Flies or small spinners can be effective during such conditions, but remember that variety is important.
- During Sport fishing for salmon the water flow is very important. A small increase in water flow often means that “fresh” fish move up the river. During such conditions there are good opportunities to catch salmon. An important tip is to adapt the methods and equipment to the water level.
- Do not be afraid to try new methods, or to try out your own ideas. Creativity and variation is a sport fishing tips that always will be helpful.